CA legal FN PS90 57x28MM Black Rifle
Chambered in the 57x28mm cartridge, the CA legal FN PS90 57x28MM Black Rifle utilizes straight blowback operation and fires from a closed bolt for greater accuracy and reliability.
Designed by FN in conjunction with the FN Five-seven pistol and FN 5.7×28mm ammunition, development of the FN PS90 57x28MM began in 1986, and production commenced in 1990 (from which the “90” in its name is derived), the 5.7×28mm ammunition was redesigned and shortened. A modified version of the P90 with a magazine adapted to use the new ammunition was introduced in 1993, and the Five-seven pistol was subsequently introduced as a companion weapon using the same 5.7×28mm ammunition.
Featuring a compact bullpup design with an integrated reflex sight and fully ambidextrous controls, the PS90 is an unconventional weapon with a futuristic appearance. Its design incorporates several innovations such as a unique top-mounted magazine and FN’s small-caliber, high-velocity 5.7×28mm ammunition.
The military version “P90″ is currently in service with military and police forces in over 40 nations, such as Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Greece, India, Malaysia, Poland, and the United States. In the United States, the P90 is in use with over 200 law enforcement agencies, including the U.S. Secret Service. While developed and initially marketed as a PDW, it can also be considered a submachine gun. The standard selective fire P90 is restricted to military and law enforcement customers, but since 2005, a semi-automatic version has been offered to civilian shooters as the PS90.
The civilian legal FN PS90 57x28MM is equipped with a 16.04” cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel, dual magazine latches, cocking handles and an innovative matte black synthetic stock with a molded-in sling attachment point help make the rifle fully ambidextrous. The California compliant PS90 will include a pin-and-welded barrel extension, a thumb-hole block, and a 10/30 magazine.
FN PS90 57x28MM Black Rifle SPECS:
- CALIBER: 5.7x28mm
- OPERATION: Closed-bolt blowback
- MAG CAPACITY: 10 Rd.
- WEIGHT: 5.8 lb.
- BARREL LENGTH: 16”
- OVERALL LENGTH: 19.88”
- TWIST RATE: 1:9″ RH
- Compact bullpup design
- Bottom ejection port
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined
- Integrated muzzle brake
- Matte black oxide finish
- Matte black synthetic thumbhole design with forward handstop and thumbhole block for California compliance.
- Front-mounted laser targeting module on LV and USG IR models
- Molded-in rear sling attachment point
- Ambidextrous cocking knobs and magazine release latches
- Sliding trigger
- Safety switch inside trigger guard
- Top-mounted detachable magazine
- Translucent polymer magazine body
- Cartridge orientation via rear rotating turntable
- The FN PS90 57x28MM Magazine has a 30 round body and has been blocked to 10 rounds in order to comply with magazine limit restrictions in California, New York, Connecticut, DC, Maryland and Massachusetts. This magazine has been modified to be sold in states with magazine capacity restrictions.